Staying happy and healthy in today’s stressful world is no more than easy, but there are some simple and effective things to do that work magically t our surprise. Here is a list of 15 easy and effective tips for a healthy and happy life:
• Drink at least 4-6l of water. Drinking water is one of the first tips you are given in context of many health related queries like acidity, skin problems like pimples, etc. Doctors say taking 2 glass of lukewarm water helps cool down the overnight heat of digestive system and also curbs acidity.
• Follow good eating habit. Your eating habit is a big determinant of your health to your knowledge or surprise. Do not drink water immediately after eating; instead keep a gap of at least 25-30 minutes. After eating do not immediately sit down or lie in the bed, take a little walk at least 10-15 minutes.
• Eat healthy and keep your diet balanced. Avoid eating stale and junk. Include more of fresh vegetables, fruits and salad in your diet. If you take a heavy meal or consume more than suggested calories (in parties, outings, etc.) compensate it with a walk of 30 minutes or more or do a little exercise later. And also balance your next meal with least amount of calories, taking in only salad or fruits as your next meal.
• Take 5 minutes of relaxation to meditate or just breathe in and out. Today’s life is all full of stress and it is no more possible to totally stay away from them. What is the need of time is to know how to deal with tension and anxiety. Practice a 5 minute relaxation and the best medicine to fight with stress is regular meditation and the simplest is to breathe in and out and relax your mind by pulling out all thoughts and emotions for that time and let your heart and mind be still, whenever you feel stressed. And there are many more such tips to use and practice to effectively deal with tension and anxiety.
• Sleep for 7-8 hours a day. Our body, parts and systems, all works very hard all day long and the sleep is inevitable requirement of the body to relax and restore the energies for the next day’s job.
• Think positive and be an optimistic. Future is totally unpredictable and uncontrollable; you cannot plan and handle everything. So, what best is do the right things, don’t foster grievances and grudges. Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
• Keep the stirring of your life in your own hands and don’t let others drive your happiness, energy and life. Believe in yourself, appreciate and cherish what all life has given you, don’t make yourself sad comparing your life with others, and most importantly do not get driven by others’ suggestions and advice for your house/work/life. Do hear what others’ are suggesting and telling, but do not let them drive you; take your own decisions considering what is really needed and what suits you and your life.
• Don’t over exert yourself. It is very important to know your limits and priorities your work and life accordingly. Do the job as per your capabilities, knowing what is important and what is not; what can you do on your own and for what you would need a help; know when and where to etc.