Train journey, quite a scary word for our generation which is used to of race and speed both in life and traveling. Getting heavy headed and cursing the long distance and urgency of the journey gives us no relief.
Last month we had to take a 36 hours’ train from Delhi to Bangalore. Trust me we were both quite anxious thinking how these long hours will pass. We are though accustomed to overnight trains whenever required, but a continuous night-day-night 36 hours on train was something more than tolerable. But then we were also excited about the destinations in turn we will get to visit (Bangalore, Coorg and more). So enchanted with the charm of the destinations, we sidelined the tension of our boring and tiresome journey.
Came the date of travel and we started picking and packing our luggage. While pacing, my husband very smartly picked some gadgets to take with us. Initially those seemed to me just a part of my husband’s geeking love for gadgets. As the journey went on, those long day hours started getting over us, making me feel irritated and nauseate. In that despair, my husband’s magical pack of gadgets came to our rescue and those long heavy hours turned into a fun retreat. The gadgets we took with us and how they helped us kill those hours happily:
- Smart Phones: With our smart phones we had internet connect, social media, chat messengers and engaging android games. We were thus, updating our status, chatting with our friends and contesting the game scores.
- SLR Camera: I am a beginner photographer, having learnt the camera work lately with miles of picturesque beauty I had a great time clicking and just clicking.
- IPad: Watching movies and playing games on iPad was a great fun, making the best out of the time we had. We watched three movies on our depart journey and three on the return, and no record for the games.
- IPod: Ahhh…The high quality filtered music of iPod is no less than magic and sere delight for the ears.
- ThinkPad: We preferred to carry our ThinkPad on journey, because of its handy size as compared to our 15’ laptop. ThinkPad helped us check the pictures we took whole day, watch movies that were not in the VLC format (compatible with iPad), internet access, etc.
- Batteries: Extra pair of rechargeable camera batteries along with its charger.
- Gadget Support: Gadget supports and accessories like their data connectors, earplugs, etc. are
- Hard-drive: To keep a backup of all the photos and have an additional movie, video and music bank at out dispose we had our hard drive with us and that really turned out to be a rescuer.
- Data card: Today we all want to be connected to the world, share our updates and experiences. Moreover internet access was most useful in helping us check the reviews of hotels and the spots we were to cover.
Entertaining and enjoying every moment we killed those hours and to an utter surprise we felt that we must do more such journeys.